Monday, February 6, 2012

Extreme Home Makeover: Tiny Watercloset Edition

This bathroom had a case of the blahs. It felt sorry for itself every morning when it looked in the mirror.
It asked itself, "Bathroom, when did you just stop caring anymore? Why don't you even try to look nice? Even when company comes over, you're just so blah." I wanted to help this poor bathroom have better self esteem. We started with a stern talking to, and then went straight to the make-up.
Bathroom started getting a little freaked out when I put a few coats of color on, just so she could see. She didn't trust me at first (uh, I didn't trust me at first either, don't tell Bathroom).

 But I showed her the "pinspiration" photo.  I told her we might not look exactly like this super model edition, but we would do our best.

So we used some wood we had on hand, and we bought some clearanced Target breadbaskets (5 dollars each)
We got a tiny mirror from Walmart for four dollars. And we stole some stuff from around the house.
We made some shelves.
And wham! Bathroom's got a new attitude. She is sassy now. Bow chicka bow wow.

I even took down those disgraceful tiny mirrors and put a huge one in their place, just so bathroom can appreciate herself more now.

Let this be a lesson to us all. A little make-over can go a long way. (and yes, that is a frame around a real mirror. I thought it was awesome that it happened to fit, so I left it. Hopefully the mirror police don't find out).

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow!!! Pretty much puts all my projects to shame! This is amazing!

KristenG said...

Your bathroom looks great.

Teagan said...

I LOVE the blue.

Missy said...

Love this! The blue really pops! I love how you wrote this post too. You are just SO good!

Dan said...

I love it! I would be so happy to pee here :)

Emily Foley said...

YOU. You astound me! I am not sure I can keep reading your blog, it's KILLING me. The house envy, I mean. You are so clever and creative and hard working. I might have an idea like this, but I would never do it. I'd be like, "Dad, when can you come visit and do x, y, z?" Seriously, I am very impressed. And I love your decor on the shelves. You're just so CLEVER. Even when I had a target I never would have thought to buy those baskets but now I NEED them.

Rachel G. said...

Looks great! I love the blue against the white shelves.

www.thelaughingbrunette.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Yep, looks awesome! I like how simple you make the shelves look. (I mean the doing of them not the actuall shelves).

Melanie and Jared said...

Looks fab!

lynette said...

Jenn! Wow, all I can say is WOW!

Sorry I haven't responded to your comment on my blog. I keep remembering and then forgetting to get back to you.

Honestly, I feel like my house is kinda empty and it's a work in progress. As for keeping it "incluttered" but cozy, I guess I would say I try to buy items that are simple but have character. Does that make sense? Also, In the past I've bought things because they were on sale or "might" work, but this time around, I buy only the things I L.O.V.E! That seems help too.

Anyway, AWESOME job! Again, WOW!

jessica said...

Wow!! Looks fabulous! We just put shelves in our bathroom too- thank you for the inspiration photos for styling!!

Cricket said...

Love it! Where did you get your shelves?

Sylvie said...

I. Love. It. Good job!!!